Tuesday 14 April 2009

It's PHENOMenal!

Okay. I'm a DAAMIT fanboy. For the uninitiated, DAAMIT is the colloquial name for the combine of AMD and ATI. If you've no idea what's happening, now might be a good time to stop reading. To cut a long story, I recently upgraded from this:
AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (Thoroughbred B)
ATI Radeon 9200SE 128MB
and lots of unmentionable stuff,
To this:
AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition (Heka/Deneb)
ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB

And to put it simply, the performance is phenomenal!

And to add the cherry on the cake, the tri core processor that I bought, is actually a quad core with a core disabled. I've successfully enabled the fourth core, and overclocked my quad core to 3.2GHz (from 2.8GHz).

And I built it all myself!

My own before and after pics :
Woohoo!

Follow-up articles (coming soon):
How I built it
Why we need DAAMIT

No comments: